The Culinary Group was making and selling quince paste from a classic recipe at the Leongatha Community Garden this week.
Given the number of quinces on trees at the moment, why not try your hand at this recipe.
1 kg of quinces
- Wash, chop and core the quinces.
- Put into a large saucepan and hold quinces down and cover with water.
- Simmer for about twenty minutes or until the quinces are soft.
- Drain off water and puree fruit in a food processor until there are no lumps or alternatively put through a sieve.
- Measure puree by cup and add 2/3 a cup of sugar to each cup of pulp.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cook until setting point is reached.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, pour the mixture into the tin.
- Refrigerate until cool.